CHAPBOOK CONTEST – CLOSED
The Poetry Question strives to be the voice of small press poetry. We are an all-inclusive press and do not accept any work that discriminates against disability, race, religion, sexual preference, or gender preference.
- Reading Period: April 1st-30th
- Minimum of 20 pages to a max of 30 pages of content in a 4×6 book format
- Read through the above mission and below guidelines and ensure your work complies.
- Read through your manuscript one more time to check for any last changes or edits.
- Complete submission form
- Pay the $7 reading fee
- 10 BIPOC Sponsored Fees Available
- 7 LGBTQ Sponsored Fees Available
- Contact email@example.com for information
- Both Physical and Digital Versions
- Winning Author Receives: $100 + 10 Copies + 30% of Sales
The Poetry Question is looking for chapbook manuscripts that meet the following criteria:
Genres: Poetry Only
Previous publication/Simultaneous submissions: Pieces of your manuscript can certainly be previously published (No more than 25%), but we ask that the chapbook as a full work be unpublished. Of course, simultaneous submissions are fine—just let us know if your work is accepted elsewhere before we’ve had a chance to snag it ourselves!
Page count for chapbook: 25-30 pages (chapbook is 4×6 in size)
Poem count: As long as your pieces can fit comfortably within the page count above, we don’t have a strong preference!
Please do not include any personal information on your manuscript, as we have a blind reading process.
Submit your reading fee of $7 and manuscript (body text only – we’ll get your title pages, acknowledgements, bio, TOC, etc. if your manuscript is selected for publication!) through our SUBMISSION FORM.
Please allow us up to four months following the close of submissions to respond to all submitted manuscripts